The Family Room, located on the Atrium Terrace level of the Museum Pavilion, provides a private place of comfort and reflection for 9/11 family members and their guests.
The Family Room is accessible during the Museum's operating hours. To enter, please see one of our security guards on the Atrium Terrace level.
This space replaces the temporary Family Room formerly located on the 20th floor of One Liberty Plaza. A Family Room committee helped coordinate the transfer of materials from the One Liberty Plaza Family Room to the Museum's Family Room. Unclaimed materials from the One Liberty Plaza Family Room are in the care of the New York State Museum for preservation and educational purposes. To see archived imagery and videos, please visit the New York State Museum website.
If you have any questions, please contact the Family Room committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To maintain the sanctity and comfort of this space, the Family Room committee asks for your cooperation in adhering to the following guidelines:
- Tribute items should be no larger than 8.5 x 11 inches in size and affixed only to tackable surfaces using only the supplies provided.
- Items placed elsewhere or those exceeding the size guidelines will either be relocated or removed.
- Members of the media should not be escorted into the Family Room. It is a space of quiet reflection for family members and their guests.
- Please refrain from bringing food or fresh flowers into the room.
- Photography within the Family Room is limited to personal use only. Images taken should not be shared publicly.