The 9/11 Memorial Museum will reopen exclusively for 9/11 family members on the 19th anniversary of 9/11. It will reopen to the public, five days a week, starting on September 12.
All visitors to the 9/11 Memorial & Museum must follow our health and safety guidelines. Masks must be worn on site at all times.
The 9/11 Memorial Museum is making ongoing operational changes in order to provide a safe and healthy environment for all visitors and staff, including:
- Museum capacity will be reduced to 25 percent to allow for proper spacing among visitors
- The Museum's operating hours have been reduced to allow for deep cleaning
- All tickets must be purchased in advance for timed sessions to allow for proper spacing
- The Museum will open with a one-way visitor experience with enhanced safety measures throughout
- Certain parts of the Museum will remain closed
The Museum will be open Thursday and Friday from 12 to 7 p.m. and on Saturday through Monday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. The Museum will be closed Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
The Memorial's hours of operation will be adjusted upon Museum reopening to mirror the Museum as much as possible and will remain open 7 days a week, from 12 to 7 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday through Wednesday.
Please check back for ticket sales and more information about the Museum opening.
Learn more about how to get here, accessibility resources, visitor guidelines, and where to visit nearby.
By 9/11 Memorial Staff