REPORTS TO: Retail Assistant Manager
Salary: $27.25 per hour
DATE: August 2022
The Retail Supervisor is a front-line leader both with our guests and with fellow employees in the retail department. S/He has a hands-on physical presence in all retail areas. This position will oversee the daily operations of the 9/11 Memorial Museum store, Carts on the Memorial Plaza & Pop-Up Shops. The supervisor is also responsible for generating revenue to achieve profit goals. The Retail Supervisor will work alongside Managers to reinforce a positive work environment and a unified team spirit. This position will also require the Retail Supervisor to open and/or close both Museum store and Retail Carts as needed. Retail Supervisor will manage cash, supervise all staff (associates, volunteers, interns). Retail Supervisor is to ensure that guest service is at the forefront of providing a quality visitor experience for all guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIRMENTS
- Accurately handles cash, processing of credit cards and follows all financial policies.
- Works scheduled shifts and arrives to work on time. Must be able to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) and a flexible work schedule including mornings and evening shifts.
- Adheres to uniform & cell phone guidelines for all locations.
- Maintains a professional, safe, and secure environment for guests and staff.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Museum Store, and Museum Plaza Carts provide enriching and excellent visitor experience.
- Walks the floor/carts and ensures all products are represented and replenished to standard.
- Engages with guests on sales floor/carts.
- Provides knowledge details and product information.
- Assists guests with general questions.
- Be an engaging presence and leads by example.
- Supervises all staff (associates, volunteers, interns).
- Leads in minute meeting with all staff at start of shift.
- Delegates tasks as needed, giving deadlines, and following up to maximize efficiency.
- Training & Coaching:
- Oversees the onboarding training for all staff such as but not limited to maximizing efficiency; product stories; guest service; register; tablets; posts; upselling; and policies and procedures
- Provides in the moment coaching to ensure staff is delivering seamless guest service.
- Maintains a positive and constructive feedback log.
- Increase sales:
- Ensures that staff are always at their designed post.
- Proactively engages with visitors.
- Keeps abreast of merchandise and product stories.
- Upkeeps stock levels of products on the sales floor and the carts.
- Reviews and communicates hourly KPI reports.
- Consistently communicates promotions to all guests.
- Ensures staff consistently asks all guests for donations.
- Opening/closing procedures:
- Complete and sign opening/closing checklists.
- Verify safe counts and prepare cash drawers.
- Distribute walkies.
- Delegate associate specific projects if needed.
- Responsible to order necessary change for both safes.
- Close out cash drawers.
- Prepare daily deposits and reports.
- Accurately operate POS systems:
- Fills in as cashier by accurately handling payment management including cash, credit cards, and traveler’s checks.
- Trouble shoots machinery to ensure POS is working.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the displays and fixtures:
- Dust shelves, products, and mannequins and/or sweep, to ensure a visually pleasing space.
- Inventory management:
- Awareness of all deliveries.
- Assists with unpacking, counting, and shelving of all incoming merchandise as needed.
- Reviews stock levels periodically at both sites to be aware of what’s needed.
- Assists with full and partial physical inventory counts conducted throughout the year.
- Assist with special events including event setup, breakdown.
- Supervises both Museums store and carts as needed. Learn the daily systems at both locations to ensure a seamless experience for our guests and our team.
- Ensures projects are finished in a timely manner.
REQUIRED SUPPORT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EVENTS
- Participates in the Annual 5K Fundraiser and 9/11 Commemoration, as assigned.
- Assists with other special projects and events in support of all 9/11 Memorial and Museum, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Retail, Museums, or customer service desirable.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proven ability to handle volumes cash.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must be a highly responsible, reliable, and detailed oriented.
- Must take initiative in all business aspects.
- Proven ability to work well independently /or as part of a team.
- Must be familiar with POS systems.
- Knowledge of Counterpoint a plus.
- Must be able to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday), and a flexible work schedule including mornings and evening shifts.
- Strong command of English and fluent in another language a plus.
- Visual display skills a plus.
- Must be physically capable of lifting heavy boxes up to 40 lbs. and be capable of standing for long hours required.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please visit https://www.911memorial.org/job-opportunities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those that the employee will encounter and are expected to meet to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, be mobile, and have the ability for 2-way communication with the public and staff.
The work environment is an indoor, climate-controlled office environment comprised of cubicles, walled-offices, and group conference rooms. The noise level in the office environment is typically low. Employee will be required to comply with organizational Health and Safety Plan. Minimal travel is required.
- This job description is a descriptive list of the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Employees are expected to also perform other business- related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management.
- The organization reserves the right to change, modify, or reassign job responsibilities, duties, and scheduled work hours as per business needs.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who meet the qualification requirements of the role will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is committed to an organizational culture that supports and reinforces our values regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We seek to build a collaborative, open, and equitable space where staff want to be, knowing that their contributions, professional expertise, and distinct voices are valued and respected. We encourage and celebrate an inclusive environment where candor and participation, when it comes to sharing ideas and collaborative problem-solving, are welcomed regardless of one’s role at the Museum or background.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified candidates, during the interview process, to enable individuals with disabilities an opportunity to interview.
Effective April 30, 2022, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) requires all eligible employees be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to their joining the institution.