DEPARTMENT: Partnerships & Group Sales
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales
DATE: October 2023
The Sales Coordinator will support the Group Sales team in helping to manage group reservations and related operations to ensure that all clients receive an efficient and quality experience in planning and arranging trips to the 9/11 Memorial Museum.
- Participate in the overall operation of the sales team.
- Operate the 9/11 Memorial Museum ticketing and data entry software.
- Assist with all ticketing requests, including answering incoming calls to the sales line and responding to requests made through the general Group Sales email account.
- Handle complaints in a polite and customer-friendly manner.
- Assist with special projects in support of all 9/11 Memorial internal departments as directed.
- Assist with Education Workshop requests.
- As requested, attend job-specific training programs for the Sales team.
- Attend networking events as needed.
- Attend meetings when requested.
- Provide a high level of customer service in all visitor interactions.
REQUIRED SUPPORT FOR ORGANIZATIONAL EVENTS
- Participate in the annual 5K fundraiser and 9/11 commemoration, as necessary.
- Assist with other special projects and events in support of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, as necessary.
- Undergraduate degree preferred.
- Experience in museums, arts/culture organizations, and/or non-profit agencies a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint required.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Gateway ticketing systems is beneficial.
- Customer service experience.
- Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority, and accountability.
- Strong written and oral communication, excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, conflict resolution ability, leadership, team-building, and motivational skills.
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the Memorial & Museum.
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who meet the qualification requirements of the role will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is committed to an organizational culture that supports and reinforces our values regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We seek to build a collaborative, open, and equitable space where staff want to be, knowing that their contributions, professional expertise, and distinct voices are valued and respected. We encourage and celebrate an inclusive environment where candor and participation, when it comes to sharing ideas and collaborative problem-solving, are welcomed regardless of one’s role at the Museum or background.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified candidates, during the interview process, to enable individuals with disabilities an opportunity to interview.