As a part of Teacher Appreciation Week, we asked our online community to share notes of gratitude with educators from the tri-state area who participated in our educational programs and who help keep our mission alive.
The Education department here at the 9/11 Memorial & Museum — and the entire staff — were so touched by the outpouring of thoughtful notes and best wishes for our incredible teachers. We wanted to share some of them with you.
Below are just a few of the heartfelt messages left for the dedicated educators who are teaching a new generation about the history, impact, and ongoing importance of September 11, 2001.
- Thank you for teaching the next generation about the important history of 9/11 and the impact it has had on our lives and future. — Janine, NJ
- Thank you for keeping the memory of everyone that lost their lives. History is so important. — Anna, CT
- I owe a great deal to some of my inspiring and dedicated teachers! Thank you to all such teachers! — Harley, AZ
- As a parent, former teacher, and superintendent of schools, I am so grateful for the contributions you make daily toward improving the lives of our young citizens. Thank you! — Owen, ME
- As a mother of two young boys, I'm grateful for educators who help new generations to understand the magnitude and impact of the 9/11 events, so that we may never forget how the world changed on that fateful day. Teachers play an enormous role and they are true heroes! — Jill, GA
By 9/11 Memorial Staff