Visitor Services Associate
REPORTS TO: Visitor Services Manager
Salary: $22 per hour
The Visitor Services Associate will carry out the daily on-site operations of the 9/11 Memorial & Museum and provide a safe, informative and meaningful visitor experience. They enhances the Memorial & Museum experience by facilitating the sale of tickets and entry into the Museum, engaging and interaction with the visitors both within the Museum and on the Memorial Plaza, and providing exceptional customer service. This position reports to the visitor services leadership team.
- Accurately handles cash, processing of credit cards and follows all financial policies.
- Arrives to work on time and work scheduled shifts.
- Must be available to work weekends and have a flexible work schedule.
- Adheres to uniform guidelines for all locations.
- Follows cell phone guidelines.
- Maintains a professional, safe and secure environment for guests and staff.
- Assists in training new team members.
- Provides an enriching and excellent guest experience to all guests.
- Be attentive of guests needs and aware of surroundings when in the Museum or on the Memorial Plaza.
- Manages visitor flow within the Admissions queues, within the Museum and on the Memorial Plaza.
- Accurately answer visitor questions, concerns and complaints.
- Accurately operates the POS system and its functions, including processing third party vouchers correctly.
- Ensures accuracy when handling cash to avoid overages and shortages
- Communicates timely any POS errors that came up during a transaction.
- Ensures proper care of all 9/11 museum store property.
- Required to work both indoor and outdoor locations.
- Attends required trainings.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures, standards and practices, regulatory compliance, and company directives including dress code and attendance.
- Follows request time off and blackout guidelines.
- Provides support to other departments as needed.
- Has HS diploma/GED.
- Previous visitor services of admissions experience at a museum, similar attraction or theater.
- Must have excellent guest service skills.
- Must have excellent cash handling skills.
- Must be a highly responsible, reliable and accurate individual.
- Proven ability to take initiative.
- Excellent communications skills; comfortable speaking in front of a large audience.
- Takes pride and ownership in the position and property.
- Ability to work both as part of a productive team and independently.
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities.
- Must be familiar with POS systems.
- Fluency in one language other than English a plus.
HOW TO APPLY
- Include job title in the email subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
- Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please visit our website at www.911memorial.org.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who meet the qualification requirements of the role will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is committed to an organizational culture that supports and reinforces our values regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We seek to build a collaborative, open, and equitable space where staff want to be, knowing that their contributions, professional expertise, and distinct voices are valued and respected. We encourage and celebrate an inclusive environment where candor and participation, when it comes to sharing ideas and collaborative problem-solving, are welcomed regardless of one’s role at the Museum or background.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified candidates, during the interview process, to enable individuals with disabilities an opportunity to interview.
Effective April 30, 2022, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) requires all eligible employees be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to their joining the institution.