Coordinator, Visitor Services
DEPARTMENT: Visitor Services-Strategy & Operations
REPORTS TO: Visitor Services Manager
SALARY: $24.20 per hour
DATE: December 2022
The Visitor Services (VS) Coordinator works closely with the VS management team to provide administrative support to the department. The VS coordinator will work alongside the managers and supervisors to reinforce a positive work environment.
- Accurately handles cash, processing of credit cards and vouchers and follow all financial policies.
- Arrives to work on time and works the scheduled shifts.
- Must be able to work weekends (both Saturday and Sunday) and a flexible work schedules including mornings and evening shifts.
- Adheres to uniform guidelines for all locations.
- Follows cell phone guidelines.
- Maintains a professional, safe and secure environment for guests and staff.
- Support management team with Back of House tasks (BOH)
- Monitor and track department inventory both front of house and back of house.
- Work with VS Managers to fulfill office supply (BOH) orders.
- Handle monthly uniform dry cleaning process.
- Develop systems to maintain functionality in the Visitor Services office, the Visitor Services Locker Rooms and any other Visitor Services staff or storage spaces.
- Prepare daily information for pre-shift meetings, including but not limited to staffing rosters, talking points, and slides.
- Assist with project management of other VS initiatives.
- Assist VS Supervisors as needed.
- With guidance from VS Managers, create monthly associate communication.
- Work with VS management to track new associates through on-boarding process.
- Update Auditorium & Audio Guide tracking sheets.
- Prepare new hire packets.
- Receive mail and packages in corporate office for Visitor Services department.
- Assists with special events including event setup, breakdown
- Time manage to ensure projects are finished on a timely basis.
- Handles a large variety of complex tasks and prioritize workflow in a fast- paced indoor and outdoor environment.
- Documents & reports incidents, as needed.
- Performs other duties, as needed.
REQUIRED SUPPORT FORORGANIZATIONAL EVENTS
- Participate in the Annual 5K Fundraiser and 9/11 Commemoration, as necessary.
- Assist with other special projects and events in support of the 9/11 Memorial and Museum, as necessary.
- Associates degree preferred or equivalent relevant experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service and/or project management experience preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and computer skills with emphasis on Microsoft office.
- Previous visitor services experience.
- Ability to take responsibility and act with authority and accountability.
- A willingness to work non-traditional hours, think independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, ability to resolve conflicts, experience with team-building and motivational activities, and a professional and flexible manner.
- Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the Memorial & Museum.
- Experience with different cultures and foreign language are preferred.
- Must adhere to a policy of strict confidentiality in terms of information regarding 9/11 victims, bid documents, security and life safety incidents, and labor relations.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with position title in subject field.
- Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands and work environment described in this job description are representative of those that the employee will encounter and are expected to meet
to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to see, be mobile, and have the ability for 2-way communication with the public and staff.
The work environment is both an indoor, climate-controlled office environment within the museum comprised of cubicles and meeting space. It can also be outdoors and within the Museum depending on the needs of the operation. The noise level in the office environment is usually low. The noise level in the Museum and Memorial environment varies. There are no protective devices necessary to be worn or utilized in the office work environment. Minimal travel is required.
- This job description is a descriptive list of the responsibilities and qualifications associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
- Employees are expected to also perform other business-related duties as assigned by the supervisor or other management.
- The organization reserves the right to change, modify, or reassign job responsibilities, duties, and scheduled work hours as per business needs.
The National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who meet the qualification requirements of the role will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
The National September 11 Memorial & Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) is committed to an organizational culture that supports and reinforces our values regarding diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA). We seek to build a collaborative, open, and equitable space where staff want to be, knowing that their contributions, professional expertise, and distinct voices are valued and respected. We encourage and celebrate an inclusive environment where candor and participation, when it comes to sharing ideas and collaborative problem-solving, are welcomed regardless of one’s role at the Museum or background.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified candidates, during the interview process, to enable individuals with disabilities an opportunity to interview.
Effective April 30, 2022, the National September 11 Memorial and Museum (9/11 Memorial & Museum) requires all eligible employees be fully vaccinated and boosted against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to their joining the institution.