Ask An Educator
Bring an expert educator from the 9/11 Memorial & Museum into your classroom to answer student questions live during this 30-minute virtual program.
This portal allows users to view available dates and times for groups of up to 35 students and teachers participating at the same time. The program is open to students in grades 3–12.
Please note that this program does not include a Museum tour.
This program is an open-ended Q&A with your students. Below are sample questions, organized into three broad themes, to help you with your planning.
- What happened on 9/11 and its immediate aftermath?
- Why were these sites targeted?
- Who did this and why?
Repercussions of the Attacks
- What were the repercussions of the attacks?
- How were those responsible brought to justice?
- What happened to those who worked at Ground Zero during the rescue, recovery, and clean-up efforts?
Memorialization and Response
- How did people memorialize the attacks?
- How did people respond to and move forward after 9/11?
- What is the 9/11 Memorial and how was it designed?
Program offered at the following times through December 22:
Tuesdays: 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. ET
*Subject to rescheduling due to unforeseen circumstances.
You are responsible for reporting to your program at the correct date and time. Please note all tour times are listed in eastern time, so you may need to adjust based on your location.
$50 per program, up to 35 participants
Given our extremely limited staffing during the pandemic, all payments must be made via credit card during this time. We apologize for any inconvenience.
All sales are final and cannot be modified or refunded. Please ensure your information is full and complete at the time of purchase.
Live captioning and ASL interpretation for programs will be available upon request.
For more information, please contact the Access Department by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.