Students entering grades 10 to 12 can apply to take part in a unique, yearlong program. Offering a behind-the-scenes look into the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, ambassadors examine artifacts from the Museum and explore ongoing themes and issues raised by 9/11. With this foundation, ambassadors write artifact talks and learn how to effectively present them to Museum visitors. In addition, ambassadors gain professional experience by helping with hands-on activities for young visitors and their caregivers.
• $1,000 stipend upon the successful completion of the program
• Program requirements include attending all after-school sessions, participation in Saturday programs for visitors with kids, and completing all homework assignments
• Travel expenses are covered
Please email email@example.com for more information.
Students who have completed the ambassador program, and have adhered to the ambassador code of conduct, may be promoted to senior ambassadors.
Senior ambassadors continue to contribute to the educational mission of the 9/11 Memorial Museum by assisting with hands-on activities in the Education Center and presenting artifact talks in the Museum. Additionally, senior ambassadors act as mentors to new ambassadors.
• At least two four-hour shifts in the Museum each month
• Six mentoring sessions with ambassadors on Wednesday afternoons during the academic year, dates to be determined
Applications will open in May 2018.