Students entering grades 10 to 12 can apply to take part in a unique, year-long, afterschool program that offers a behind-the-scenes look into the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. From mid-September to mid-May, ambassadors examine Museum artifacts and explore ongoing themes and issues raised by 9/11. They also gain professional experience by facilitating hands-on activities for young visitors and their caregivers. Finally, ambassadors learn how to present information about the Museum to visitors.
• Thursdays 4:30–6:30 p.m., Mid-September through Mid-May
• Sessions include presentations by guest speakers, artifact investigations, group discussions, museum education techniques, public speaking skills
• Topics covered include the design of the 9/11 Memorial, the building of the World Trade Center, what happened on 9/11 and in its aftermath, the repercussions of the attacks and al-Qaeda
• Program requirements include attending all afterschool sessions, participation in Saturday programs for visitors with kids and completing all homework assignments
• Travel expenses are covered
• Students receive a stipend upon the successful completion of the program
Applications for the 2019–2020 Museum Ambassador Program are now open. The application deadline is June 28, 2019, by 5 p.m. Applications can be completed online here.
Please email email@example.com for more information.