Students entering grades 10 to 12 can apply to take part in a unique, yearlong program. Offering a behind-the-scenes look into the 9/11 Memorial & Museum, ambassadors examine artifacts from the Museum and explore ongoing themes and issues raised by 9/11. With this foundation, ambassadors write artifact talks and learn how to effectively present them to Museum visitors. In addition, ambassadors gain professional experience by helping with hands-on activities for young visitors and their caregivers.
After School Sessions
• Wednesdays 4:30–6:30 p.m., Mid-September through Mid-May
• Sessions include presentations by guest speakers, artifact investigations, group discussions, museum education techniques, public speaking skills
• Topics covered include the design of the 9/11 Memorial, the building of the World Trade Center, what happened on 9/11 and in its aftermath, the repercussions of the attacks and Al-Qaeda
• $1,000 stipend upon the successful completion of the program
• Program requirements include attending all after-school sessions, participation in Saturday programs for visitors with kids, and completing all homework assignments
• Travel expenses are covered
Applications for the 2019–2020 Museum Ambassador Program will open in May.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.