Find tailored questions below for teaching this story.
This story may not be appropriate for elementary learners. Please pre-screen and use at your discretion.
As you listen to Sofia’s story, think about the following questions:
- Why was Sofia at the World Trade Center that day? As the attacks unfolded, what steps did she take to document them as a reporter?
- What lessons does Sofia say she learned from being a reporter on 9/11?
- Why does Sofia say it is important to remember 9/11?
As you listen to Sofia’s story, consider the following questions:
- Describe Sofia’s experience on the morning of 9/11. How did her job as a reporter help her to act and react that day?
- According to Sofia, why is it important to remember 9/11? How does media collected from historical events help in that process of remembrance?
Explore the artifacts Sofia donated to the Collection, or learn more about the experiences of three additional journalists who reported on the 9/11 attacks from New York City in the public program Covering Catastrophe: Reporting on 9/11. To hear more stories from 9/11 witnesses like Sofia, visit our Webinar Stories archive.